Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Just Thankful

Well, with Thanksgiving tomorrow I'm sitting here rocking Boston and watching both my boys sleep, reminiscing over the last year and thinking about everything I have to be thankful for. Josh is working right now and the house is completely quiet except the sound of my boys' breathing. I haven't written in a few months. Obviously, you know why; having two boys keeps me busy. I still need to write though, so here I am.

Guys, I'm just thankful. Beyond thankful for what God has done this last year. Few know I miscarried before Boston.  I was not very far along and knew the risk of miscarriage is higher in the first 6 weeks.  2 weeks after the miscarriage God gave us Boston. I have learned since having Boston that it is very rare to get pregnant that quick after miscarriage. I guess God decided to bless us sooner rather than later. Although I wonder often what that second child would have been like, I can't imagine my life without Boston. After going to two different OBs, I was tired of getting told what to do and how to handle different situations. I asked Josh to consider a midwife and let me do a home birth. As soon as I walked into Community Midwives I knew that's where I was supposed to be. I was able to have Boston at home the way I wanted and where I felt most comfortable. I am so thankful for the team of midwives and doulas I had. I knew my voice was being heard and i had the best one on one care.

While pregnant with Boston God told me to quit my job. Now I get to stay home with my two boys and I'm not worried about what I'm supposed to do to keep up my license.  Eventually, I'll go back to work but only when God tells me to move. Right now, these boys are my job. I'm so thankful that Josh can provide for our family to where I have that option to stay home. I know that's not possible for every family.  

During this last year, 3 family members received the news that they had cancer. My one year old nephew rang the cancer-free bell yesterday.  My grandfather is finished with his radiation and doing fine.  My aunt is currently going through chemo and, from what I understand,  this type of cancer is very treatable. I've seen God's hand move time and time again and can't deny Him the praise he deserves.

While the oilfield has been slow, and there were a few tight times financially, God came through with little unforseen blessings. He has reminded us to be faithful to him and He will take care of the rest. Work has been fairly consistent for Josh and we know it's simply God's favor. 

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging because that's not what I'm trying to do. I'm simply acknowledging the goodness of God and His blessings on my family. I told you, I just have a lot to be thankful for.  

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. As a kid, it was because of the pumpkin pie and other delicious food. As I've gotten older, it's because thankfulness does the heart and mind good. This time of year reminds me to be thankful in ALL things and in ALL THINGS be content.

Happy Thanksgiving! 
Until next time, 
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

No comments: