Thursday, November 30, 2017

Prayer Time

I know I just posted the other day but i felt compelled to share what happened tonight and it's a little long for a Facebook post.

While going through our nightly bedtime routine the last few things to do were our prayer and then I rub Beringer's back 'til he falls asleep. Beringer was tired and I was mentally exhausted. I thought about skipping prayer time and just telling him to roll on his side so I could rub his back. I get Boston situated in my lap and latched on. I turn to tell Beringer to let me rub his back when I see I him holding his hand out and he says, "Hold my hand, Mama. Let's pray." Father gently reminded me of so much in just those few words and an outreached hand.

He reminded me I'm raising boys to be Godly men. He reminded me to pray without ceasing. He reminded me to pray regardless of how I feel. He reminded me that He chose me to lead and guide my sons. He reminded me that it's not about me and all about Him. I'm the example my boys will see on a day to day basis. He reminded me of my need for Him. He reminded me of all these things and my response was, "Forgive me". To Beringer I said, "Yes, let's pray". I then took his little boy hand with dirt under his fingernails (even after a bath) and prayed.

We have prayed nearly every night for a while now and sometimes Beringer will tell me to pray for certain people. We have prayed over situations, we have prayed for healing. I have seen God begin answering big prayers. The power of prayer is awesome. The power of prayer from a child's heart is miraculous. I think Jesus listens extra close to the heart of a child.

Matthew 19:14
  But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon


No comments: