Friday, April 14, 2017

To My Sons

Baby Boston,

I am going to be honest with you when I say, "I don't know how to do this". I don't know what having another child in my world will be like. Will I give you enough attention? Will your brother get enough attention? Can I do it? Sometimes I feel like I'm going to go crazy with just your older brother. Will having another son make me lose all sanity?
We have almost 7 weeks until your due date and I have nothing ready for you. I don't know where to start. So much time and effort was put into things I thought would be important when I was pregnant with your brother. I now know, looking back, it wasn't necessary and somewhat a waste of time and energy. So I choose to skip those things this time around and make sure you have necessities. Diapers, clothes, and a place to sleep.

In all the questions, all the unknown; I want you to know one thing. No matter what, you are loved. Above the confusion, the uncertainty, the chaos I know will ensue, you will be loved. You will be cherished. You are wanted! When you cry, I'll hold you. I'll snuggle you. I'll comfort you in any way I can. I will do my best to be the best for you. I don't know what we're walking into here in just a few weeks but I know you will fulfill our lives in a way we didn't even know needed fulfilling. God gave you to me and chose me to be your mommy. I don't take that lightly. We're all ready to meet you! Our prayer is that you continue to grow healthy, smart, and strong. We'll see you in just a few short weeks!


Beringer Boy,
Son, where do I begin with you? I can't believe you are two years old. I know from here on out I will be saying this every year on your birthday. You are my pride and joy. We have a special bond that can never be broken. You have taught me so many things and I'm sure this is only the beginning. I love to see your love for life. Your love of music! I pray you will be a good big brother. I pray you will be a protector and a leader. I pray that in life you will live up to your name and have courage like a bear. Stand for what's right and true. I pray I can teach you how to be an honest, Godly man. In a few weeks, your world will change and although you don't know it yet, having a sibling will be the coolest thing in the world. You will have a friend for life (just don't go all Cain and Abel. Seriously, don't!).

You are loved. You were loved from the first moment I knew of you. You have been loved, and you will forever be loved. Know that I will always be your biggest fan in life. I will stand behind you. When you screw up, because that's just part of life, I will stand back and let you learn your lesson, then I will tell you to get up and keep going. Don't be a quitter and always persevere. You are strong. You are a child of the King!

My boys,

I am your mother. I have carried you within me. I have spent and will spend sleepless nights holding you, rocking you, comforting you. I will first and foremost be your mama before anything else. You give me joy, peace, frustration, gray hair.. I will pray for you, guide you, teach you, and when it's time for me to let you be men and live your lives, I will let you go. My love and prayers will follow you.

Love always,
Mommy

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations".

Joshua 1:6a "Be strong and of a good courage..."

No comments: