Thursday, February 9, 2017

For Moms Only...Let's Be Real

Hey guys, if you didn't know it; we're pregnant again and having a boy. His name will be Boston James and he is due the first week of June. For the time being it looks like I'll continue to be a "boy mom" and I'm perfectly okay with that.
I'd like to think I will have it a little easier since I have experienced this before with Beringer but if I'm being real with you...I'm also a little terrified. Why? Because it's new. Because I don't know what it will look like. Because even now I carry most of the load of raising our son and will be doing it with two in just a few short months. Can I do it? Of course I can. Will God give me strength, wisdom, and guidance on how to be the best mom I can be for my boys? Without a doubt, He will. Maybe it's the hormones talking; the lack of sleep, or whatever you want to chalk it up to but even now I am emotionally, physically, and spiritually drained at the end of the day. Don't misunderstand. I love my son. I love my husband. I love the son growing inside me. I couldn't imagine doing life without them. But how do I recharge myself?

Moms, how do you do it? Let's be real. Give me some pointers. Me writing this right now is literally the first thing I've done in a while that I enjoy doing for myself but I'm also writing this layimg next to my sleeping son who wakes up within minutes of me leaving the bed. By the time Beringer goes go sleep at night and I'm relaxed enough for some "me time" my brain is too tired to do anything of use. I've tried a nice bubble bath to wind down but I either get disgusted because I realize I need to scrub the tile or a little boy wants to join me to play with the bubbles and his toys. I've tried reading books but those are few and far between. If I just try to be still and spend some alone time with God (for the few sporatic minutes of silence I do have here and there) my mind wanders on everything. I can't focus. The hour I get in church on Sundays by myself is sometimes the only calm I get during the week...I'm just being real. Half the time I don't even go to the bathroom or shower alone. Most of the time I'm okay with this but sometimes I just can't.

I have an awesome mom's group that gets together when we can for zoo trips and play dates. They show me I'm not alone in this. Many are going through the same things on different levels.

I just feel like I'm in a constant cycle of being wife and mommy, house keeper, laundry doer, grocery shopper, bill payer and on and on and on. I don't work full time outside of home. I barely work part time. Yet, my plate is always full.
Josh works oilfield and works either 12hr shifts or days at a time depending on the job. He was just gone for 2 weeks straight down in Texas. This is hard. I am beyond thankful he has the job he does and that he works as hard as he does for us. Here's what's more difficult. When he comes home, he wants to rest. He wants to do what he wants to do. And most of the time he gets exactly what he wants. Mom's, I'm not trying to bash my hardworking husband. I have my own flaws I know he can easily point out. That's not what I'm trying to do here. How did you find a happy medium with your husbands? I'm still trying to find mine and although it's tiresome and cumbersome; sometimes I find it's easier to just stop asking, nagging, and dropping hints and just do whatever it is on my own.

I'm truly not trying to make this a pity party. I am very aware others have it much harder than I do. I can think of several people right now I would not want to trade places with and thank God for thr countless blessings He's given and continues to give. I have family who would drop everything and be there in an instant if I asked them to (I have asked before). But let's be real, my son is not their responsibility. They do watch him for me when I go to work a few hours twice a week and on the occasional date night. They love it. Beringer loves it. I love that they have that time together.

I'm looking for advice from moms who have been where I am at currently. Be real with me. What helps? What doesn't? For me; for today, it was a hard ugly-cry session.


This post probably didn't help anyone today but it was therapeutic to me.

Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

No comments: