Wednesday, February 6, 2013

God's Presence

It's been a while since I wrote. My excuse like every other time is...life has been busy. School has been going well. I am in my second trimester with one more to go. It has been a challenge but I am pushing through and loving every minute of it. Josh has been a big help through all of this and I can't imagine my life without him. He has been working hard, long hours and can't wait for some time off.

I wanted to write today because last night I went to my small group and we talked about the presence of God in our life. How in Exodus God told Moses that He would bless his people and Moses responded by saying in Exodus 33:15 "And he said unto him, if thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence". What I find so amazing is how Moses didn't want to go without the presence of God. God promised that he would bless his people, bless their life, their lands, etc etc but Moses said if you don't go with us, we won't go. Can we do that in our own life, honestly? Can we want the presence of God so much that even if he promised us every blessing and every opportunity but we wouldn't have his presence in our life, could we be like Moses and want his presence above everything else? That's a hard thought. Isn't the presence of God everywhere constantly? I mean even in the darkest parts of Africa people know there is a God. His presence is everywhere. We can't get away from his presence.
We don't need to search for Him or his presence. Trying to obtain it, or search for it is doesn't make sense, it's already there. All we need to do is be still. But what does it mean when God says, "Seek and ye shall find"? He wants us to seek. It is in our human nature to search. Maybe he wants us to seek him out, even when he's already there; just to show us how much we want Him and need Him.

So even though this is a short post, my point is could we be like Moses and say we won't do anything or go anywhere without the presence of God in our life? Do we have anything standing in our way?

until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

No comments: