Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Long December

"And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe,
Maybe this time will be better than the last.
I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself
To hold on to these moments as they pass". -Counting Crows

Counting Crows is one of my favorite musical groups. They seem to nail every emotion right on the head. The songs make you actually stop and think about the words said and make you look deeper to figure out what they are trying to say. At first you hear it and think, "That made no sense at all!" but that's when you have to listen to it again and really LISTEN to the words. Then everything falls into place.

This December so far has been pretty crazy and we're just a little over a week into it. Josh has been working nonstop and I'm counting down the days til Christmas break. It can't seem to come soon enough!

We finally closed on the land last week! Praise God that whole ordeal is over. Now to get ready for Christmas! Many presents I am trying to make homemade this year. It is a little more difficult and I'd much rather go out and just buy something but I know it will be more special to get something that time and effort was put into.  At least I hope that's the outcome!

In the last few weeks God has shown me more and more how I just need to rely on Him. When you think people will always be there for you and love you and be the person you once knew, you realize people change. The way they think, their attitude, their priorities. Sometimes everything changes and it's like you are looking at a stranger. It's when that realization hits you that God says," I am never changing".  Yes, your heart hurts because you wish things were like they once were. Yet, you see how situations and life in general has changed a person and even as that person has changed, so have you in one way or another. God has shown me sometimes it's not their fault. They don't even realize the person they have become or see the changes that have occurred. 
     Isn't that what life is all about though? Changing? Some may say, 'yes' while others say, 'no' and honestly I don't know that there is a right or wrong answer here. If you change for the better then I would say that is a good thing, your life was supposed to take that turn. When you change for the worse, I can't say that's how it was supposed to be. God is in control of everything though, isn't He? You may not see His hand but you have to believe His heart and that's where the trust comes in. He has shown me to keep my heart focused on him; to be thankful for the past and the present, being thankful for each moment as it passes.  Josh has been a huge help during this time as well. We have talked late into the night and he has held me as I cried for what once was.
     God has given me a wonderful husband to lean on! I thank Him daily for the man he has blessed me with.

So, what's the point to this whole post? In a nutshell, people change. Period. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. God doesn't ever change though. He has never changed and never will. Rely on Him because if you don't, I guarantee you are just making your life alot harder on yourself. Be thankful for every situation, for every change. God's hand is always at work even when you can't see it.

"I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower,
Makes you talk a little lower, about the things you could not show her".
                                                                                                    - A Long December, Counting Crows


Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon





2 comments:

MamaNan said...

Very good post...have had the same thing happen to me with a friend of many many years...you wonder why did it change, why did she change...very difficult to understand and accept...thank you for sharing!!

Zimms Zoo said...

Without change life would be very boring. But at the same time some change can hurt very much as you mentioned.

Great post!