Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Understand Now

Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and fantastic New Year! I know I missed the month of December in blogging. With everything being so crazy this last month I never found time long enough to write.

Josh and I had our first Christmas together. It was very special. We were able to have our own little Christmas on the Friday before at our home here in Burns Flat. We were then able to spend Christmas eve with his family and Christmas day with my family. Many memories were made and I loved every minute of it! We were able to bring in the new year with prayer at our church and later, relatives who we don't get to see very often. Now it is back to work, class, and a new years resolution to work out and eat more healthy on both our parts.

Now for the purpose of this post:

In the last few weeks I have really learned what the term 'Soul Mate' means. I always heard the term used but I guess never thought too far into it. I always thought it was just what you called your husband or wife. Just like you would call them 'Honey' or 'Babe'- Soul Mate was just another name with maybe a little more special meaning. I understand now though, the meaning of it, or am beginning to anyway. The term is deeper than I ever could have imagined it to be. It truly is like your soul finding it's other half. Not only do you become one physically in marriage, but you become one in spirit. I have noticed how when Josh is gone I don't just miss him anymore but my soul literally longs for him. My whole being longs for him in Body, Soul, and Mind. I never knew how deep it meant when you 'become one'. The bond that is made between a husband and wife is greater than I understood. I knew it was a strong bond but it is so much more than that. Now, maybe you are reading this and thinking, "Wait a few years. You are just in your newlywed stage. It fades away". Maybe it does fade away a little bit. I have no idea. What I do know is I never want to forget. I never want to forget how God brought us together and now we are one. I never want to forget Josh is my soul mate. I know this bond we have will always be there. I realize marriage is hard. You have to work at it constantly but we are building something here. We are building something not only for us, but for our family to come, and each generation after that. "...If God be for us, who can be against us?" -Romans 8:31. With God before us we can't fail!

Overall in this blog that's really all I wanted to say. I understand now! Once I made this revelation it was like a sheet was covering my eyes the whole time; like I was waiting to see this big secret and when the sheet was removed I saw everything. I definitely think there are many more things to be revealed; not only in marriage but in Josh as well. I know I will always be learning something new about my husband, just like I will continue to learn about our marriage. Every day is an adventure and learning experience. I want to be able to say, "I understand now" about a thousand more times.


Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

1 comment:

Zimms Zoo said...

For me it hasn't gone away, but has increased! When he was working all those crazy hours it was like my soul was so restless because it didn't have its safe harbor to rest in.

The only time that I don't miss him, when I am not with him, is when I take all the kids on an overnight excursion. I don't have time to miss him. Well actually I miss him when I have changed the 20th diaper. Then I am thinking it is his turn! hehe