Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Married

Hello, Hello, Hello!!!!!!! It seems like an eternity since I have last been on here to write. I have thought about it here and there but it seems to be a quick and passing thought. Tonight I am by myself though, waiting for my loving husband to finish up on a job site and come home to me in just a few hours.

Where do I begin?! The wedding was everything I could have asked for and more. Like I said before; the people who stepped up and offered a helping hand in one way or another were such a huge blessing to me. My stress level dropped every time someone said, "Let me do it". To me the wedding was beautiful, simple, simply...perfect. My fairytale. Sure, we could have had it outside on a distant hilltop but guess what? We had a rainstorm later that evening during the reception. An outside wedding on a hilltop would have been a disaster.

There are two times I was close to tears during our wedding. The first was about 15 minutes before my dad walked me down the aisle. I was sitting on the couch upstairs in the bride room and I felt like I was getting ready for a piano recital. The nerves, shaking, rapid breathing. What made it funny but worse at the same time; my cousin, who was also the flower girl for the wedding, was watching the clock the whole time while we were waiting up in the room. Every 5 minutes she would say,"It's almost time!" or "It's just about show time!"- I still don't know if she was giving herself a pep talk or trying to just let me know time was getting closer.-
The second time I had tears come to my eyes was right after Josh and I lit the Unity candle while Will Stucky played and sang "Such a Love". It is kinda a funny story... about a month or so before the wedding I was at church Sunday morning and Stucky softly played the keys and sang this song. While I was worshiping my heart was so moved and God spoke to me and said,"This is your song." I didn't really understand what He was talking about then He gave me a picture in my head of Stucky singing that song at our wedding. Right then, it all made sense. It was the perfect song for the unity candle. Not only were Josh and I showing we would together become one, but also God's love is what brought us together and our relationship as one is united with the love of our Savior.

The honeymoon was great! We did have to constantly stay ahead of a hurricane that was down there. Because of this hurricane, our shore excursion was canceled in Cozumel but we were able to go to Progreso and secure a new excursion exploring Mayan ruins!! There was some motion sickness while on the boat because the water was so choppy but it wasn't horrible. We attended a few stand up comedy shows and a musical. I'll put pictures up soon!

We are all settled in Burns Flat now. We were able to go back to Tuttle/Newcastle for Thanksgiving and spend it with both of our families. Our house is decorated for Christmas and we have a cute tree. My artistic side (or lack thereof) has been put to the test in this last week. I, with the help of my mother-in-law, made a Christmas wreath and it's quite pretty if I do say so myself. On Monday night, I sat down and decorated two stockings. There are a few smudges and mistaken paint marks but they are ours and they are unique.

People are always asking me if I am getting adjusted to married life and for the most part I am. I still wake up sometimes wrapped protectively in my husband's arms and can't believe we are married. I am blessed. That's all I know to say.

He is getting back into the swing of work. Since it is the end of the year it has not been as busy as it normally is. Once the new year hits I'm sure that will change. As for me, I am getting used to being a wife, a cook, and a homemaker. I started a class last night that will go on 'til February in which I can receive my CNA (certified nursing assistant) and then I will take a class after that in which I can obtain my CMA ( certified medical assistant). With my CMA I will be able to give medication. We'll see what happens from there.

I hope you all have a wonderful CHRISTmas! Be safe driving around. I know we don't have icy roads yet but they are bound to come.


Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

1 comment:

Zimms Zoo said...

Great post! It was a lovely wedding that I was so thrilled to be a part of!

I am so happy that things are settling down for you. I took those same classes you are taking and some others. I really enjoyed them!