Saturday, January 16, 2010

God is God so I Don't have to Be

God gives and God takes away. He is Alpha and Omega. He is the beginning and the end. He is first and He is last. He is God. As human beings we cannot begin to understand Him, his ways, his will, or his purpose at times. It is during these times when we cannot understand that we must simply trust in God to know He knows what He is doing. To remember He has a purpose and a plan for each and every individual. Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts".

I found out only an hour ago about a family dear to my heart who has suddenly lost one of their own. He was playing basketball today when he collapsed and died. What makes it even more sad is the fact it was his birthday today. He had just turned 15 years old. When I first heard this the only word I could form in my head was,"Why?". This boy was healthy, full of life, and loved the Lord. Why would God decide he needed to come home? I can't begin to imagine what his parents, brothers, and sister is going through. What was God's purpose in allowing him to die so abruptly? What is his will in all of this? God has his reasons. Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;".

God has his timing in all things. He is the Almighty God. He is God so I don't have to be! These big question marks sitting in my head and many other people's heads will be answered one day. It may not be while here on this earth but when we're in Heaven with our Maker. II Corinthians 12:9b "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness..."

During times like these is when God wants us to realize He is everything we will ever need. He is our strength, our comfort, our protector. He is literally everything. He wants us to lean on Him; to praise Him in the storms of life and to praise him when all is calm. Here is a song the family sang often and speaks to my heart now while mourning the loss of this brother in Christ.



Lean on Me

When no one cared about me f I should live or die,
And no one bothered asking why i'd go alone and cry.
When burdens got so heavy that I could not face the day,
Then i'd feel his arms around me and i'd hear him gently say,

"Lean on Me when you have no strength to stand.
When it feels like you're going under, I'll hold tighter to your hand.
Lean on Me when your heart begins to bleed.
When you come to the place that I'm all you have,
Then you'll find I'm all you need".

When the road ahead looks rugged and the path is getting steep,
I feel that I can't make it and my heart begins to bleed.
Then I turn to see who's coming to join me in the way,
And I see that it's my Savior and I hear him gently say,

"Lean on Me when you have no strength to stand,
When it feels like you're going under, I'll hold tighter to your hand.
Lean on Me when your heart begins to bleed.
When you come to the place that I'm all you have,
Then you'll find I'm all you need".

Please keep this family in your prayers. They need prayers more than ever right now and need to feel God's comforting love with his peace that passes all understanding.

I close with this verse in mind. James 4:14, "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away".

Life can end in a moment. God holds the keys to both life and death in His hands. Cherish the life you are given and be prepared for the moment God calls you to be with Him.


Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon














1 comment:

QueenTehillah said...

Praying for His Comfort to be with your friends and with you ...