Sunday, October 25, 2009

This and That

I should really be studying or taking a nap right now but can't seem to do either one so I thought it was about time to post a new blog instead.

Autumn has hit full force now. I had been wondering when it would happen and I think it did this past week just over night. With the change came the process of putting away the summer clothes and pulling out the winter clothes. It's definitely not my favorite thing in the world to do but I was able to accomplish a lot. I got rid clothes that I continually shoved to the back of the closet or put in the bottom of the drawers, telling myself that I would wear it eventually if I found the right shirt or skirt to go with it. I gave up telling myself this and just did what I should have done a few seasons back- just put everything in a garbage bag and donate it to a second hand store.

My classes are going alright. I still am not fond of either one of my classes. I am learning to enjoy Mythology more but that is mostly because of the teacher. She is someone you can actually sit and listen to and find what she is saying interesting. My Humanities teacher, on the other hand, is completely opposite. I cannot handle listening to her. She is like the teacher on the Peanuts cartoon who continually just says, "Whomp whomp. Whomp whomp whomp!" I have come up with ways to pass the time in class though. I have read two novels in the past month and have started a third one I find to be very interesting. I can't wait until the end of these sixteen weeks!

Life has been pretty busy lately! I like it that way though. It seems to keep me on my toes and out of trouble. I applied for the RN program again about a month back but won't find out if I made it in until December sometime. If I do not get in the program for next semester I am going to change my plans a little bit. I have pinpointed what I wanted to do as my career. I knew I wanted to work in the Neonatal but after reading a book a few weeks back I have decided I would like to become a midwife. This is what I will start gearing towards if I don't get in the program in December. The only thing is I am not sure what my next step would be. I have tried getting a hold of a few midwives but neither one of them have returned my emails. I think my next step is going to be calling the OU Med Center and talk to one of their midwives. Hopefully they will point me in the right direction.

My dad put an offer on a house out in Newcastle a few weeks back. We have been trying to get out of the area we are living in now for a while and have been searching for a house for about 2 years. He found this one out in Newcastle and really likes it. I am still a little unsure about it. I am just so used to living in the city where everything I need is only maybe 10 minutes away. I am not sure what it will be like living out in the country when everything I do is right here where I live now. I know my parents have prayed about it and I have prayed about it as well. I have finally just asked God if He wants us to move out there then allow everything to go smoothly with the appraisals and inspections...etc. and if He did not want us to move out there something would happen to where we would not be able to. Either way I have decided I would be at peace with whatever happens and just leave it in His hands. I, being the human I am, do not like the unknown and the uncertainty that comes along with it. God, in his infinite wisdom, already knows what is going to happen and will allow it to happen all in his timing. I just have to do what I find to be one of the hardest things for me to do; that is be patient and wait for his leading.

I realize this was not one of my normal blog posts but this is what has really been going on in the last month. I hope all of you are having a great Autumn! This is my favorite season and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far! Before I close this blog out I would like to share the lyrics of a song I heard the other day that really spoke to my heart.

"What Faith Can Do"
Everybody falls sometimes
You gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it’s more than you can take
But you’re stronger, stronger than you know

And don’t you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do

It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
Impossible is not a word
It’s just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody’s scared to death
You may decide to take that step
Out on the water
But it’ll be all right

Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

Overcome the odds
When you don’t have a chance
(That’s what faith can do)When the world says you can’t
It will tell you that it can -Kutless

A little bit of faith always goes a long way. Remember nothing is impossible with God!

Until next time,

ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

4 comments:

Zimms Zoo said...

I guess one learns new things about people all the time. I didn't know you have a blog. I am addicted to reading blogs. So of course I need to add this one.

Very interesting read.Now you need to check out ours. BTW our neighborhood can be very scary too. It is so hard sometimes to trust God and let the kids out to play and ride their bikes without me having them on a leash. But He is in control!

Anonymous said...

Jac your wisdom is beyond your years and you continue to amaze me. I am thankful for the young woman you are and of course I love you very much. Dad

Anonymous said...

I agree with your dad! Such a wise young woman :) Thanks for sharing what is going on in your world! Love you! Can't wait to see you in a week and a half! WOO!!!

Oh yeah, this is Andrea btw :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.