Friday, September 25, 2009

A Valley and Mountain Tops

September is already come and just about over. I have been so busy lately; I cannot believe how fast this month has gone by. Can I just say I am not a big fan of Mythology. Studying the different stories and trying to keep them straight is one thing but the stories themselves are just preposterous and from a Christian perspective, disgusting at times. I think I will come out of the class with an A but I don't recommend the class to anyone unless you are interested in that kind of stuff.



Well, once again with a new month comes a new thought to be posted. One of my favorite sayings is, "For every valley there are always two mountain tops." Isn't that so true?! The sad thing is sometimes we forget. We love it when we are on the mountain top of life looking down but when we are down in the valley pushing forward to the next mountain top we forget to keep our eyes up and look for the mountain top. Instead we are looking around the valley and everything in it. I am speaking in metaphores but you know what I mean. When going through a 'valley' in our life all we see is the negative around us. We don't always look back at the mountain top we just conquered or forward to the mountain top we are preparing to climb to the top of. The valleys of life get to be too much for us at times and we get tired. We get tired and we sit down where we once stood. Those are the hardest times in life; when it seems we can't go any farther. I have some exciting news for you though!!



The Bible says in: Psalm 23:4 "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Hebrews 13:5 "...I will never leave thee nor forsake thee."



Isaiah 41:10 " Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Psalm 20:1-2 "The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee; Send thee help from thy sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion."

John 14:16-17 " And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

These are just a few of the hundreds of verses in th Bible that show us the promises of God. He promises that even when we do go through the valleys of life He will be right there by our side pushing us to keep trudging along; to go just a little farther than we did before. See, He knows what the future holds. He knows just how far the next mountain top is and He will give everything you need to get there.

"Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
but I know who holds tomorrow,
And I know who holds my hand."

Whatever you may be going through in life; Whatever valley you seem to be sitting in; just remember God holds tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next. Look for the next mountain top in life. He is pointing it out just keep searching for top.

Until next time,

ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was wonderful, Jackie! Very encouraging. I loved the verses and I love the quote! I'm going to add it to my favorites. I needed this, and you're right; sometimes we forget. Thanks for the reminder! Love you, friend!
~Andrea Osbron

MamaNan said...

http://www.ancientartmidwifery.com/
have you checked out this website?

I had thought of being a midwife. There is also a doula too. One of the girls from church is doing doula training.

QueenTehillah said...

My dear, the last 24 hours have been so traumatic for me. What a comfort to read such inspiring words of insight and faith. Thank you ...