Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Prayer Warrior

"I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. Here I stand.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior, of the army of my God. The Lord Jesus Christ is my Commanding Officer. The Holy Bible is my code of conduct. Faith, Prayer, & the Word are my weapons of warfare. I have been taught by the Holy Spirit, trained by experience, tried by adversity, and tested by fire. I am a volunteer in this army, & I am enlisted for eternity. I will either retired at the Rapture or die in this army; but I will not get out, sell out, or be talked out. I am faithful, capable, & dependable. If my God needs me, I am there.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. Here I stand.

I am not a baby. I do not need to be pampered, petted, primped up, pumped up, picked up, or pepped up.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. Here I stand.

No one has to call me, write me, visit me, entice me, or lure me.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. Here I stand.

I am not a wimp. I am in place saluting my King, obeying His orders, praising His name, & building His kingdom.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. Here I stand.

No one has to send me flowers, gifts , food, cards, candy, or give me handouts. I do not need to be cuddled, cared for, or catered to. I am committed. I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around. I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside. I cannot lose enough to make me quit. When Jesus called me into this army, I had nothing. If I end up with nothing, I will still come out even. I will win. My God will supply all my needs. I am more than a conqueror. I will always triumph. I can do all things thru Christ.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. Here I stand.

Even death cannot destroy me. For when my Commander calls me from this battle field, He will promote me to a captain & bring me back to rule this world with Him. I am a soldier, a prayer warrior, in the army of God, & I am marching; claiming victory. I will not give up. I will not turn around.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior, and marching heaven-bound. Here I stand!"

This poem was read tonight in church. I do not know who wrote it, but God knew I needed to hear it. Today my cousin found out she has Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Doctors are not 100% sure but they are about 98% sure that is what she has. She is soon to be 13 years old.

My cousin needs prayers! After the doctors run a few more tests they will more than likely begin chemotherapy. Now, more than I have been in a while, I need to be a strong prayer warrior. The God who healed hundreds of years ago is still in the healing business today. He may choose not to heal her; that may not be His will, but I will pray for her and her family just as hard and hope she will either be healed or the doctors will get her into remission. I ask that you who read my blogs, will also pray. You may not always remember her in every prayer you pray, but any prayers will help.
God said any prayers you pray in His name He will answer. Please lift her and her family up in your prayers during these next couple weeks. I ask you join with me in being the prayer warriors God made us to be.

ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

No comments: