Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life Choices

The choices we make in life determine what kind of person we are or will become. What if we do not know for sure what the right choices are? What if you are so sure about something but everything else is going against what you think? What if you know the decision you have to make but are not sure of how to go about it?
I seem to have so many questions with no answers! There has been so much going on these last couple of days and I feel as though I am almost drowning! What are the right decisions? What is the best decisions for my life? I want to do the right things and make the right choices. I do not want to regret any decisions I make. I realize there are inevitably going to be choices I make in my lifetime that I will regret; that's just life, but I want to be allowed to make those decisions and learn from them. Yes, I want guidance and councel but I do not want to be told what I can and cannot do with my future. I do not want to be given ultimatums and I do not want to 'make deals' about my future. I want to be treated like a respectable adult and have others realize I am not a child who can be told what they can or cannot do.
When does that time come when one is no longer seen as a child but rather as an adult? I know as a young person I must prove myself to those around me to show that I really am an adult but what more must I do? Am I missing something?
Though many of you have no idea what I am talking about in reference to my decision making perhaps you can answer some of these questions and help clear my befuddled mind. All of those who are old enough have asked many of these very same questions I am sure. I now just need some guidance. I need someone without clue about what decisions I am talking about and just give me their opinion on some of my questions.
I know I just have to take everything one day at a time; not borrow any worries from tomorrow but deal with what is on my plate now. It feels like everything is coming down and this wave is hovering over my shoulder ready to crash. Why is it that once you start just getting comfortable and you think everything is just how it should be God allows something to happen and it is almost as if you have started back at square one?
My motto for life is as follows, "Treasure yesterday, dream of tomorrow, but live today". Maybe that is all I really should be doing; just living each day. That is what I am trying to do anyway. It just seems as if I have too many questions with not enough answers.



Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there lady.
I know that we have talked about all of this before. Don't worry so much about having all of the answers right now. The fact that you are mature enough to know that life is about making the right choices tells me that you will do just fine. Until you know for sure, just take it one day at a time, like you said. And somewhere, I promise...you will look back and everything will make sense. There have been so many times this year that I have looked back on all of the hard times and decisions I made, and thought, "Oh, now I get it!" For instance, I knew several people who were pushing for me to go to a christian college. All I knew was what God have opened the door for me to do. I didn't know why he didn't want me to go, but now it makes sense. Now I still struggle with one area, of course... (you know what I'm talking about)..but I'm confident that it will make sense to me someday as well. Love you!

-Andrea

Anonymous said...

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....life will never be without the arduous task of making decisions. The thing about decisions is that they can have a lifelong impact on you. The time of being completely on your own and making your own decisions entirely by yourself is just around the corner. I know you don't think that right now. Jackie, time flies. Before you know it, you will be 25 and wondering where the time went. Decisions are hard to make at times. You are on the threshold of your life and it is rather frightening to think that a certain choice is going to impact your future. But what you need to do is: "do the next right thing". Keep doing the next right thing. Don't get all bogged down with a plethora of choices you need to make. Ask God to open and close doors as he chooses. If you really believe God is in charge then he will lead you to the open doors. Know that if he closes a door he know what was on the other side and it wasn't for you!