Sunday, March 1, 2015

Go Away, Snow!

Am I right or am I right? As much as I like the snow, it's time for the snow to go. It's March now! Time to move on out!
I can't believe I haven't written in so long! It feels like it was just a few weeks ago rather than nearly 3 months ago.
Where to begin....I am now 34wk5dy along in the pregnancy. Nearly 5 weeks left! I can't believe it! The first few weeks of the 3rd trimester went by fairly quick but now the count down has begun to drag. I want Baby B to stay in there as long as he needs to but not a minute more than that. Josh and I are both ready for him to finally come out and play! I wake up nearly every morning to Baby B's squirming and kicking around and I love it. Our special time together is when I first wake up and when I get in bed at night. Most of the time kicking and squirming is how he wakes me up. Josh has said on several occasions Josh wakes up in the middle of the night to Baby B kicking his back when I'm snuggled up against him. Josh will role over and talk to him. We have found our little one recognizes our voices, loves music, likes his space, and surprisingly we have found that he is ticklish. Josh can lightly tickle my tummy and Baby B will try to move away from him. It's getting a little more difficult now seeing as he does not have as much room as he used to have.
We had the baby shower last week and for freezing temperatures and the start of snow we had a really great turn out! We received many things we needed and the things we didn't receive we got plenty of gift cards to help take care of the rest. If you attended, or sent gifts, or simply helped set up and take down- THANK YOU! It meant so much to us to have the support of friends and family present in the celebration of our soon coming baby boy.
I am amazed daily about the little miracle growing inside me. I thank God every day for this little boy and pray he continues to grow big and strong during the time he has left inside me. He already brings me and josh so much joy; I can't imagine what it'll be like when he finally does get here.

As most of you know, oilfield slowed down for about a month or two there which means Josh also slowed down quite a bit too. Thankfully, things have started to pick back up -at least for him anyway-. He has been home maybe 2 days this last week and although I miss him I'm glad he has a job. I'm glad he's a hard worker and is ready and willing to do just about anything they ask of him. He is training on a new tool on the job he's at right now and he's been out there since Friday morning. Nope, they don't shut down for snow or ice and he works in it. He doesn't complain or whine or grumble and I respect him so much for the man he is.
I was supposed to work this weekend but have some sort of cold thing going on so someone covered my shifts for me. Between not being able taking cold medicine and residents at the facility who are coming down with colds and me not feeling good anyway and not wanting to pass on my germs; I figured home was the best place to be. I have spent the last two days in bed either sleeping or reading. Today I am starting to feel better but still don't have a ton of energy.

We have another baby doctor appointment tomorrow afternoon. I am not sure what will be happening over the next few weeks at these appointments but I am happy to say we are down to weekly visits now! This is just another sign that the end is drawing near! We have our birthing class scheduled for the 14th this month and I can only hope we both walk away learning something crucial we will need when it is time for delivery. If you don't know, I am wanting to have this baby as naturally as possible. No medications or epidurals or anything. Now, you can be reading this thinking I am crazy,and maybe I am, but I have always wanted to do it this way for as long as I can remember wanting a child. I am afraid and nervous and everything in between, but here's something else I am -fearfully and wonderfully made! God will give me the strength I need and the power to do what I was created as a woman to do. Don't misunderstand me, if you had an epidural or medication or C-section or whatever I am not looking down on you or think you less of a woman in any way; to each their own. For me personally, I believe I am supposed to have this Baby without any of those things. So when you get the announcement that I've gone into labor here's what I want most from you: YOUR PRAYERS!

I know I say this nearly every time I write but here I am to say it again. God never stops amazing me. I see His hand constantly! Whether it's in the kicks and jolts my son likes to give me on a daily basis, or guiding us through the tight spots when the oilfield slowed down, or like now, when Josh has had one job after another the last week and half. God is faithful in everything and sees us through.

If you're having a hard time right now with faith or trust in God or you feel like you don't see him working in your life. Hear me when I say, we all feel that way at times. We wonder how he is working certain situations for his honor and glory when all we see is the devil fighting hard. GOD IS BIGGER! No, we don't always see how God works but here's the awesome thing; whether we see it or not- He is. He loves us beyond measure and knows the number of hairs on our head. He sent his Son not to condemn the world but to save it. So no, He's not sitting up in heaven with lightening bolts waiting to strike when we screw up. He waiting for you to come to Him and ask for help and forgiveness. Even when we don't ask for his help all the time because we don't realize we need it or are too stubborn to ask, He helps us out anyway. He's good all the time! Just hang on! The Master painter is painting a masterpiece in your life.


Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love reading ur stuff..luv you guys