Thursday, November 6, 2014

It's a Boy!

That's right, everyone! We are having a boy! We found out Monday and got to see his little face,  hands, feet, and hear his heartbeat again. The ultrasound tech was able to tell right off the bat we have a little boy growing in there. We debated back and forth for a long time whether we were going to invite our mom's to go with us but in the end decided it should just be him and me. I think that was the best decision and it was very special for us.
That night we met our parents, my sister, and her husband at a steakhouse and bought everyone blue drinks to make the announcement! There was hollering and cheering and clapping and apparently there were bets being made between our parents on the way to the steakhouse.
I am now 18 weeks along and feel great. The baby is moving more and more. Josh was able to feel him move for the first time just the other day. Yes, I cried and he was so excited! Baby B was kicking up a storm there for a little while.
 We took about a week off from work and painted the nursery monkey colors! Our theme is Curious George...if anyone wanted to know. We also finished some stuff on the 'honey-do list' that has been needing to get done for a while. Josh woke up this morning pretty sick. I must say this is the first time I have taken care of Josh while he is actually sick (not just a cough and runny nose). Thankfully, we don't get sick that often I guess.
We just recently celebrated our three year anniversary! It's seems like we just got married a few months ago at times and here we are expecting our first baby. It has been a roller coaster ride so far and I think we are about to get on a new roller coaster filled with loops, dark tunnels, and a few sharp turns. It's all about who's sitting in the seat beside you though that makes the ride fun, right? I know I have the one God chose for me sitting right beside me. That's all that matters.  Sometimes I find myself taking a mental step back and seeing how our life is unfolding. I gotta say, this picture is way better than the one I ever imagined for myself. God continues to show us just exactly who He is and we are grateful every day for each of his blessings. I'm really trying to learn how to just be still and know that our awesome Heavenly Father has every single thing under His control. At times I get anxious about stuff and begin to worry but I am constantly reminded that He's got this! He's got the whole thing and all I need to do is enjoy the ride; trust Him. Sometimes that's easier said than done and it's a lesson I don't know if I will ever come to completely understand but I do know this- He's teaching me every single day.
I don't have anything too deep to say this go-around but sometimes it's the simple things that count. So here it is put simply- love God, love others, enjoy life, trust when life is fun AND when it gets rocky because God didn't promise that every step would be easy.
You'll hear from me again soon! Don't you know Autumn is my favorite season? I always find more things to write about when there are so many festivities!


Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

No comments: