Sunday, September 19, 2010

Senate in September

Time is going by so quickly these last few months. I haven't even considered posting a new blog until just today. I hope everyone has had a great summer. Mine was great but went by way too fast!

I finished my math class I was taking over the summer and passed. This semester I am taking College Algebra and Intro to Biology. So far both classes are going exceptionally well. I can't complain. The algebra teacher I have is said to be the best one at the college. I don't know if that's the truth or not but he's getting me to understand the work so it doesn't matter. I am now a Senator for RSC. It was really a spur of the moment decision to even try to run for Senate. I never wanted to do anything like this but due to tuition waivers not coming through and running out of time to apply for scholarships a few people at work said I should run for Senate. They were/are both involved in Senate and Treasury and said if I made it my tuition would be paid for. I figured why not give it a whirl. If I made it, great. If I didn't I wasn't going to cry over it. In a matter of a few days before campaigning I put in my application. Long story short, I made it! Now let me say this. I didn't do it by myself. If Camilio -a guy I work with who was a senator last year- hadn't helped me so much I would probably not have made it. He is a great guy who has my back. I was sworn in this passed Tuesday along with 16 or so other new senators and started learning the ropes that same day. It's not even been a week and I've had a blast. This past weekend we were required to attend two outings. Friday was from 9-5 and Saturday was 9-1. During that time I have gotten to know many of them and made new friendships.

After I got done with the Senate outing on Friday I went home and celebrated my brother's 16th birthday. I can't believe he is 16 years old! He has his driver's permit right now and will be able to get his license in a few months. He is such an amazing kid! He towers over me though and can probably take me in a fight now so I don't know how much longer I can call him 'kid'. He is going to the Dickey's ranch this weekend to work cattle. He really enjoys working with the cattle and I can see him doing something like that as a job later in the future. We'll see what happens I guess.

My boyfriend and I are still dating. I am having a blast with it. It's still new and I still don't know how everything is supposed to work but we're both having fun and trying to figure it all out. Learning more about each other and enjoying each other's families. I am glad we both get along so well with each other's families. I think it has made everything pretty easy. I have gotten to know his friends better too and have become friends with them as well. They are some really great people. All in all, I can definitely say he's not leaving any time soon. I love that guy too much. :-)

Well, this wasn't a completely mind blowing update but you now are up to date on my life so far. Hope you all have a great week and I'll be back soon with a new post. I have something brewing up in that head of mine I want to write on.

Until next time,

ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

1 comment:

MamaNan said...

I was wondering how you were doing girl and I wondered how come you went for the Senate...Now I know :) Glad everything is going great...what major are you working on by the way?