Sunday, July 11, 2010

Two Month Update

I can't believe it has been two months since my last update. I have thought on and off that I needed to write a blog pretty soon but I didn't realize it had been so long!

These last two months have been quite crazy. This summer is going by so fast, I am wondering where it has gone. I guess it's true- the older you get the faster time flies.

I decided to go ahead and take a math class over the summer and it is going acceptionally well right now. I am quite ready for it to be over and done with though. As long as I make a C in it I don't care. This class will not affect my GPA so just as long as I pass it.

Work is going good. I am hoping to become certified to teach aerobic classes pretty soon. If it works out it will be a good raise in my paycheck. Til then though I am really enjoying teaching swim lessons to all my little classes.

About a week ago I was finally asked out by the guy I was hoping would ask! We have been friends for years and graduated from the same homeschool group together. We had been hanging out for the last few months. Finally I came to a point where I had been praying about it for a while and knew if he ever asked me out I'd say yes and if he never did I'd be okay with just being his friend. For the last month though I couldn't tell if we were just friends or if the relationship was going another step. Many people told me to just ask him and find out but I didn't have peace about it. If it ever happened I wanted it to be in his time. He asked and it was adorable! This is the first time for either one of us to date so it is strange and foreign to both of us. It has been a blast getting to know eachother better and spending time with eachother's family. He really is a great, sweet, respectable, hardworking, God-fearing guy, who cares for me. I couldn't ask for anything more. God worked this out amazingly. Come to find out yesterday he had been praying about me for a while too. He talked to his parents and talked to his pastor and waited for the peace of God before he asked me out. A big plus on top of all this- my family really likes him and his family really likes me!

God is good, and life is good!

Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

2 comments:

joan said...

jackie,
i'm sooo happy for you....God's timing is soooo much better than man's. you've waited (shorter time than i had to LOL) and God's given you the desire(s) of your heart.
will be praying for you and josh as you "court"/date :D
luv ya....

Rachel Marie said...

Yay!!! Isn't it amazing to see how God works things out? Waiting can be hard, but a great man is definitely worth the wait! :-)