Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sick and Tired but Still Smiling!

Here we are to the end of August already. Time has been going by so quickly! We have the wedding shower coming up on Sunday afternoon. I'm very excited. This is all new in my case. It's different when you go to a wedding shower for someone else but when it's your own it's a whole different story.
Right now I am just trying to get better. I had some kind of stomach virus or something that hit me hard last night so I was up all through the night into the wee hours of the morning. I have been in bed all day. It drains the energy out of me to get up and go to the bathroom or go outside to rinse my trashcan out (gross).
Since I last wrote we were just starting to look at houses. I think I was still looking for a venue at that point, and there was still a list of things to be done for the wedding and life after the wedding. We are still looking at houses and waiting on God to see what He wants us to do. There is a HUD house up for bids and it's down to 28 thousand. It's a 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath, and right there in town where he is working. He is also looking at another house right now that is smaller but has almost 7 acres on it. It's a quaint little starter house with the 7 acres and a 30x40 shop (which is very appealing to Josh). This house is out of town, away from people, while the HUD house is right there in a neighborhood in the middle of town. There are definitely positives and negatives to each one. It's just a matter of making the right choice. We were also able to get our engagement pictures done and Jessie did amazing!
We now have the venue set and the down payments are made. We have a caterer, photographer, tuxes fitted, dresses being altered, wedding cake chosen, and invitations ordered. We registered for the shower a few weeks ago. That was definitely an experience! Things left to do- we have Josh pick out a groom's cake, get his ring ordered, pick out the pictures to send out with the invitations, and hopefully get a house set and in order so we can put all the things from the shower in there along with the other things we have picked up along the way.
Over all it continues to be a wonderful and fun experience. I love continuing to plan our soon-to- be-married lives together and seeing what all God is doing and will continue to do in our lives!
Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

No comments: