Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thank God for Thanksgiving break!! I must say Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I am especially excited about tomorrow. There are going to be alot of pies!! Banana cream pie, pumpkin pie, Apple crumble, blueberry, pecan pie! Oh man, I can't wait. Now seeing as it is Thanksgiving I have been thinking about everything I am thankful for and want to list a few of them...here we go!
First of all, I am thankful for Jesus Christ dying on the cross for me! I am saved and thank God I am on my way to heaven when I die. I am thankful for His mercy and grace. I am thankful that whenever I screw up, which is usually daily, He forgives me when I ask.

I am thankful for my family. For my parents who brought me into this world, who raised me in a Christian home, who whooped my butt whenever I needed it, who loves me and encourages me in my hopes and ambitions. I am thankful for my sister, Victoria. I can remember praying and praying for a little sister and God gave her to me! I am thankful that through thick and thin, she has always been there. Through the last year we have become alot closer. I thank God for her and her crazy personality. I am thankful for my brother, Christian. After I had my sister I wanted a brother too. I prayed and prayed and boom, he was an accident... but God knew I needed a brother. He is a crazy, insane, and funny! Without my brother I don't know what my life would be like. The way he acts, the things he says, and the things he does reminds me of myself when I was younger.

I am thankful for all of my friends! For my old friends, for my new friends, for my close friends, and my acquaintances. I am thankful for Amanda S., Leann, Mandy, Andrea, April, Brandon, David, Crystal, Gary, Rachel, Jared, Phiet, Beth......all of them! Those I forgot and those I didn't mention. As weird as it sounds, I am thankful for the ones who hurt me and turned their back, because they made me stronger! I am thankful for the ones that were there when I needed someone to talk to. The ones that were there so I could cry I on their shoulder. The ones I have inside jokes with...." Suntan lotion... dug dug dug...Iraq Man...say that to my face....cuz it's late and your mama don't know...you know I'm talking about baseball!" Yes, there are a few. I am thankful for each and every one of them!

I am thankful for being born in America! For being an American citizen. For my rights and my privileges. I am thankful for my right to pray where I want, to go to church where I want, to be able to gather and worship whenever I want, to not be in need of anything, to not be starving and wondering when I am going to eat next.

I am thankful for the hardships that have occurred in my life. I am thankful for every heartache, for every sad moment, for every time I didn't think I could go any farther, for every failure, for every mistake. Without those things in my life I would not be the person I am today. Each thing that has happened in my life has happened for a reason, whether by God allowing it or by my own stupidity and bringing it upon myself. It has made me stronger and I have found that each step was a type of building block that got me where I am today.

I have so much more to be thankful for and I have listed just a few. I can be thankful for beauty, for oxygen, for pies, for turkey, soccer, football, flowers, ocean, art- the list is never-ending! As we sit around tomorrow eating turkey, pies, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing let's remember to be thankful for all we have...and don't have. Remember to be thankful for not only the roses, but the thorns that come with them.

Until next time,
ActionJacksontheAngloSaxon

2 comments:

MamaNan said...

Hey Girl you need to post some more of your wisdom on here...

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm thankful for you too, my friend!
-Andrea